Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tyler's Birthday Party (Missed)

In all of the caious and hub-bub of my boys birthdays and Halloween, I missed posting the images from Tyler's birthday. So here they are for everyone to enjoy.


Here is Tyler opening his gifts. If you can't tell the TV is tuned into one of the music channels and it is on Christmas music. Mind you the birthday parties all evolved around the three weekends around Halloween, so we are talking beginning of November. My sister-in-law would listen to Christmas music year round. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas music but I like to listen to starting no earlier than mid-November, I usually like to start after Thanksgiving, and I listen all the way until mid-February. So I like my Christmas music I just like to enjoy the other holidays before this, I somehow think that listening to it earlier than this helps push the commercialization of the Christmas season, and I like to focus on the birth of Christ.


Here is another picture of Tyler opening gifts. Molly and Shannon are in the background eating popcorn, a favorite treat of the night.


Tyler opening the gift from us, an Indian Jones figurine.


Opening the gift from Uncle Wayne and Aunt Regina, who wrapped it to look like a package that would have come containing some secret artifact or something. (It has been a while since I watched Indian Jones, so forgive my analogy.)


Like I said popcorn was the favorite treat of the night. Asa wouldn't leave it alone. He probably ate close to half the bowl just himself. If you look closely at the first image you can see him getting into the bowl when it was placed back there. The bowl was moved twice so that he would be more out of the way of all the gift opening. I think we finally gave up since he ended up in the middle of the floor with the bowl.


Asa is still watching the gift opening. He just now has the prime spot for eating the popcorn and watching.




Asa was eventually asked to share the popcorn which he graciously did by taking the bowl around to anyone who asked. Eli decided since Asa was no longer in the center of attention that he needed to get in on the action.


Eli wasn't sure what to make of the Indian Jones whip that Tyler received.


Eli checking out some cars, my boys and their cars. If it tells you anything Asa can already recognize different cars i.e. Grandpa Bailey's vans.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Great gifts! It's funny how much kids really like popcorn! I found out when my stepson invited his cousins up to our cabin for the weekend - I think I popped at least 4 bags!