Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Look who's standing




On November 15, Eli finally started pulling himself up onto his feet. He has been pulling himself up to his knees for a while now but never all the way to his feet unless he was holding onto our hands with his hands and with some minor pulling from us to get him all the way up. Well on this Saturday morning Chris went to get him out of bed and he hollers for me to come into the room to see what he saw and there Eli was standing up in the bed. Chris even proceeded to set Eli back down and we watched him pull himself up over and over again. Okay so it was like three more times. We were so excited. I know I have said this before and I know I am not supposed to compare the boys but when Asa is my frame of reference for these milestones it is hard not to compare. Now for the most part Eli has been about a month later than Asa for doing many of the milestones. Asa rolled over around five months, Eli did this around six months. Asa sat up around seven months, Eli sat up around eight months. So my line of reasoning was Asa pulled up around nine months, so Eli should pull up around ten months. So when Eli wasn't really even close to pulling himself up at ten months I started to worry a little then around eleven months he started pulling himself up to his knees but never to his feet. When you would hold his hands not his arms but specifically his hands you could get him to pull up to his feet but only for a brief amount of time. I guess it is that motherly concern that there might be something wrong even though the guides say that as long as they are walking around eighteen months of age they are on schedule but that is just it the guides don't actually give you a time frame for pulling up so how long before they start walking is considered normal. Okay now that I got that out of my system, doesn't Eli look so cute standing there?

No comments: