Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

My Dad's Funeral

Warning - this post does have a picture of my dad in the casket. It is the last picture so if you don't like to look at those types of things I am alerting you in advance.

These first pictures are from after the funeral and the dinner. By the time we got back to my mom's, Asa had fallen asleep. Chad sat and snuggled with him for a little while.

Jaime was so jetlagged from the flight in from California. She fell asleep shortly after this picture was taken.

Then a few minutes later Chad needed to get up and he placed Asa in Jaime's arms and she snuggled right in with him.

These next six pictures are the picture board and tables that we had set up for the viewing and funeral. We probably could have put up another two photo boards and we thought we were overestimating when we took the four boards.






The casket spray and a few up close images of parts of the arrangement. Then the last image is of my dad in the casket. It is not an upclose image; I sat on the couch and took a wide angle photo because I don't like up close images of the deceased and I knew that I needed to take at least one image in case someone in my family wanted an image.





2 comments:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I am really sorry to hear of your loss. That's a tough one. May God bless you and your family.

Maria said...

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. It's hard to lose your father, and I wish you all the best for the future.