Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge

On the way home from the Saginaw Children's Zoo, we stopped at the Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge. We pulled out the binoculars and Asa kept asking to "yook." He was so cute. He kept telling us that he saw the birds. I hope he did but will never know for sure.

We fledged out a heron as we were passing by and this was the best shot I got.

We pulled into the parking area and Asa and I got out of the car and looked around a bit while Eli and Chris took a nap.


Asa was adorable with the binoculars. He would put them up and look through them and tell me that he could see birds, a plane, and cars. Yeah he was looking at the other cars in the parking lot and so excited that he could see them.

I know this image is a bit blown out but I think that is an egret with the heron. I am still learning some of the quirks with this camera and am slowly working them out.

Hope you enjoyed our stop by the refuge as much as Asa and I did.

No comments: