Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eagle Hunting

We headed out looking for the the eagle's that I had been told about. Supposedly a pair has nested out by the county fair grounds. We did not find them but enjoyed our walk none the less.


I think Asa has decided to take the term "tree hugger" literally as he ran over and hugged the pine tree. All I could think as I snapped pictures is "ouch," those pine needles are prickly but he didn't seem to mind.


We also found some old railroad tracks. I assume from the old railroad system that ran through this area years ago. If not from that then it is from historic village that runs trains on a now closed line, but they no longer are using these tracks any more either.





As we headed home, I so my first Blue Bird of the Spring. So happy to see the migratory birds coming back.

No comments: