Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Frankenmuth Snow Fest

We started with the high school competition area behind the River Front shopping center. Asa and Eli in front of the penguin sculpture.

A stack of books with a pencil as a book mark.

A broken fish bowl.

Asa and Eli in front of this sculpture of a circus elephant. I love how Eli is looking up at it in the first image.


I liked this sculpture of the train done by one of the teams of Owosso High School Students.


Some of the professional ice sculptures.

Asa and Eli next to Yogi Bear. Asa loves to hear me say "Hey BooBoo how about a pic-i-nic basket" in my best imitation of Yogi Bear.

I really fell in love with this sculture of the birds on a log.

A close-up of the birds.

Giraffe neck and head.

I showed this one to a friend of mine and she commented about how my photos should be the pictures you see on postcards. I really like the framing of this image.

Oh how I love the butterflies.

The sun shining through this sculpture was so cool the image doesn't quite do it justice but is still a rather nice representation.

A couple of entries from the team competition.
Cherub
Elephant
In front of the Zendher's Bridge, as we headed off to get some late lunch.

A stop at McDonald's for lunch.




The ice sculpture outside of McDonald's in Frankenmuth. Also got to see Lydia one of my good friends from my high school years. That was nice to visit with her for a bit.

After we ate and were ready to head home, Asa said he wanted to see the snow sculptures again so we made the long short drive through town, to view them again. I'm glad we did because I wouldn't have been able to see the sunset behind this beautiful ice sculpture.

No comments: