Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Huckleberry Junction Trip with the Sunday Schoolers

In order to get better caught up, I will be doing multiple posts over the next few days. I promise not to post more than two or three in a day. I can't believe how far behind I have gotten. Life hasn't been busy at all though - we only had something going on every weekend since mid-March (once we were finally over the sickies). We had an egg hunt, a birthday party, and a wedding in just the past three weekends alone. And I played florist/photographer/sister of the groom for the wedding - so yeah, I haven't done much the last little while. (And just in case you couldn't tell that was all in a semi-sarcastic tone.)

Okay now on with our regularly scheduled post --
The last Sunday of March we went to Huckleberry Junction (a pizza place similar to Chuck E. Cheese) with the kids from Sunday School. I did not post pics of the Sunday Schoolers for privacy reasons. I did post images of my boys and my nieces though. This first image is of Claudia and Eli on the balloon ride that rocks/twists back and forth. (Claudia and Skylar both are so good at making sure to include Asa and Eli in what they are doing and trying to help them when they can.)

Claudia on the horse.

My sister Michelle playing air hockey with her girls (Skylar and Claudia). I don't remember who won but they had fun. That's what really matters.

Then the food arrived and it was time to eat. All of the adults got a kick out of the fact that my boys wanted to eat peas instead of the pizza. Well this was the case for Asa since Eli can't have pizza because of the cheese (lactose issue). Asa ate like two or maybe three small bites of pizza and started asking for peas. Now I just need to start following Asa's example and maybe I would lose this weight that I have put on over the years. Another issue for another time and possibly another blog.

After eating it was time for more playing. And skee ball was the game of choice. Here is a series of Skylar and Asa playing well let's say Skylar was scoring points, Asa was getting frustrated because the ball wouldn't go like he wanted. It kept rolling back to him.



These next two pictures were a little hard for me to take because they reminded me of ones that I took back in Dec. of 2007 of Asa doing the same thing with my Dad, even though my dad wasn't visible other than his arm. It was hard to take the pictures and not think about my dad while taking them. We are in the world of firsts right now and this was one of those moments.


This pic is from just before it was time to go. Eli was getting very tuckered out and was ready for a nap. Chris liked this game because he got a lot of tickets from it. He got a little truck for Asa and a rubber duck for Eli.

No comments: