Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Christmas at Crossroads 2011

I was ecstatic to have been chosen to win a family pack of tickets from one of my favorite places.  It has been years since I had been out at Christmas time.  Even though it was drizzly and rainy it was a fun evening.  The first stop we made was at the tree of lights.

Then we checked out the model trains.

While most everyone else watched the trains a bit longer, I headed out to check out more stuff.  Skylar and Claudia joined me.  I love seeing the lights and the reflection in the puddles made it even more exciting.

More lights and the school house where the kids did a craft.

Then we headed to the platform to wait for our train ride.

We boarded the train and enjoyed a peaceful ride; although, we had to stop and wait while the conductor inspected the train to make sure the noise they were hearing wasn't an issue.  While stopped I was able to capture a pretty cool image of the train engine lights in the fog, mist and smoke of the evening.

A few of the light displays along the ride.

Then we headed back to the carousel to let the kids ride courtesy of Faith.


I love Christmas light displays!

Heading home and waiting for the last train to return to the station.  Also attempted a picture of the boys with the tree in the background, they would not cooperate and here is the best image I got.


No comments: